09-10-10

Time for an update, Time for an update!!!

As the title already says, its about time for an update. I'm actually going to do two updates in one, first of all  an update about the Urban Mayhem project and second of all an update about graphic design. Anyways first things first, The Urban Mayhem project. Its been a while since I've said something about the project but we haven't stopped working on it. On the Urban Mayhem Website (link) You can follow us on our journey to create an amazing interactive video, but I will tell the main progress up here. We actually started filming two weeks ago, but because of some other appointments I wasn't able to be there. With the footage that our team created we created an teaser (link) last monday (October 4th), It turned out amazing and we showed it that afternoon in class (click on the link to watch it). So the next day we didn't have class so we decided to come together to edit some footage for the actual video and to shoot some extra video. We worked a long time on editing and it is very promising, later that night we went outside and shot some more. I wasn't really able to work on it anymore the next couple of days due a lot of homework for two other classes, I will probably go on this weekend. So thats about it for Urban Mayhem, just check out the website (link) every once in a while to keep up-to-date.
Then second of all we had to turn in our (final) project for Graphic Design. The assignment was to create a postcard that represents our study (Creative Technology). When the teacher told us about the assignment I already had an idea, I made some sketches and thought about some other ideas but eventually I sticked with the original idea. The idea was to put the letters CreaTe on the front and build them out of objects that we use, that we can use, that we will use or just objects that represents CreaTe. I used a lot of images for this project and there happens a lot on the card, everybody will recognize some stuff that they will like and where they feel comfortable with. That will already create a "relation" between the study/postcard and the user. I spend a lot of time looking for images, cutting them out and transforming them in Photoshop to make them fit in the actual letters. But this was not a bad experience since I love to work with Photoshop. Then I actually integrated an idea that I had for another postcard, just lines and lines of words that represent CreaTe (see background of the card). I typed it out and putted it in there, I changed the opacity so it won't be distracting. Even though the letters are build up out of a lot of thing, it still unifies. I created the back of the postcard just as a normal postcard, I wanted to carry on the comfortable feeling from the front to the back so I typed a little story as it is written to the reader. Well just judge for yourself, if you have any comments please post them because I want to work on my skills and make myself better



Well that was it for this time, I hope you liked it. I will try to update it a little more often, peace!